Bids & Requests for Proposals (RFP)
Requests for Statement of Qualifications
Professional Services for the City of Burnsville Engineering
The City of Burnsville is currently soliciting Request for Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from professional consulting firms interested in providing services to the City of Burnsville for 2023-2027. The City is interested in receiving services from consultants that can demonstrate an understanding and appreciation for municipal services.
Specific areas of practice considered for professional engineering services include:
- Municipal engineering
- Transportation engineering
- Surface water
- Parks and natural resources
- Technical specialty services
The City requires one digital copy of statement of qualifications with supporting material no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, August 12, 2022.
All questions should be directed to Jen Desrude, email@example.com.
The City of Burnsville follows Minnesota State Statute in regard to bidding requirements for municipal contracts. The current statute states:
- Bid amounts of $175,000
- The City of Burnsville is required to use a formal, sealed and competitive bidding process per the State of Minnesota's Uniform Municipal contracting Law Chapter 471.345.
- Bid amounts of less than $175,000
- A formal bid is not required.
- Local governments must receive at least two quotes.
- City may still choose to use formal sealed and competitive bidding process at its discretion.
- Small Purchases
- City of Burnsville departments are authorized to make small purchases up to $4,999.
The City of Burnsville's policy is to provide equal opportunities to contractors and subcontractors in the purchase of products and services.
Alternative Dissemination of Bids & Requests
This page is maintained as an alternative means to disperse public requests for bids, requests for proposals and requests for information per Minnesota State Statutes 331A.03 Subd. 3. Alternative dissemination of bids and requests.