About the Study
The City of Burnsville conducted a traffic study of the County Road 42 area as part of the Burnsville Center Village Redevelopment Vision. The study helped determine transportation improvements that may be needed if the Center Village Vision becomes a reality.
For the study, the City and consultants:
- Collected existing traffic data
- Developed an existing traffic operations model
- Analyzed existing conditions for problem areas
- Developed future traffic operations models
- Recommended public improvements to support development
- Provided concept-level cost estimates for these improvements
The study was funded by a Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) grant, and was conducted by Kimley-Horn and Associates.