Arbor Day Tree Sale
2021 Arbor Day Tree Sale
Online ordering is open
The trees are back again waiting to call Burnsville home.
Trees will be sold by pre-order only.
Orders are due by Wednesday, April 28 at noon.
Limited quantities are available - order early
Tree pick up is Friday, April 30 | 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Trees can be picked up any time between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. on Friday, April 30 at 75 Civic Center Parkway in the garage circle (old Maintenance Facility)
Available trees (PDF)
- Apple - Honeycrisp | $30
- Apple - Sweet Sixteen | $30
- Cherry - Evans Bali | $30
- Japanese Tree Lilac - Ivory Silk | $45
- Redbud | $45
- Serviceberry - Autumn Brilliance | $45
- Buckeye Autumn - Splendor | $70
- Maple - Firefall | $60
- Maple - Fall Fiesta | $60
- Oak - Swamp White | $45
- River Birch Clumps | $35
Tree Sale Rules
- The Burnsville Tree Sale is for Burnsville residents only (addresses will be checked during online purchase, and ID will be checked at pick up). A maximum of two trees allowed per household.
- Items sold carry no guarantee.
- Trees are sold by pre-order only. No walk-ups, please. Limited quantities are available. Order early to get the varieties you want.
- If possible, please bring a printed confirmation of your purchase to pick up your trees. This will help staff at the sale.
- Trees cannot be picked up at a later date. Unclaimed trees will be planted at the City’s discretion.
Interested in native grasses, ferns, wildflowers and shrubs? These will be available at the Burnsville Native Plant Market.
Tree Sale Tips
- Prepare planting sites before attending the sale. Call Gopher State One-Call (651-454-0002) to have utilities marked before digging.
- These are bare root trees - Plant immediately. Learn how to plant bare root shrubs and tree seedlings (PDF).
- Arrive early for the best selection.
- Protect trees against damage from deer and rodents until they are well established. Consider placing protection around them for the first few years.
- Permits are required for planting within the boulevard/right-of-way.
Boulevard Trees Require Permit for Planting
Trees planted within the boulevard/right-of-way on your property (15 feet in from the curb) require a City permit prior to planting. Boulevard tree permits are free and help the City keep track of the City’s boulevard tree population in the wake of the present Emerald Ash Borer threat. A permit is also required for property owners wishing to remove a tree in boulevard/right-of-way.
When considering planting locations within a boulevard area, make sure your tree or shrub WILL NOT:
- Obstruct the sight lines of pedestrians or vehicles entering an intersection
- Obstruct passage over sidewalks
- Block road signs
For more information on requirements, licensed contractors or to obtain a permit application contact Dave Grommesch, City Forester, at 952-895-4508 or via email.