Native Plant Market
The City hosts a Native Plant Market each spring as a way to encourage people to grow native plants in their yards. In addition to beautifying the community, native plants provide food for pollinators, help improve water quality, and require less care than traditional garden plants. This year, due to COVID-19 concerns, the plant market will be a pre-order only event instead of an open farmer's market style.
Native Plant Market - 2021 Pre-order Format
Important Event Details:
- The 2021 event is pre-order only due to COVID-19 concerns. There will be no sales of plants during the day of the event. Orders should be arranged directly with participating vendors by visiting their company websites through the links listed below.
- Orders must be place on or before May 9.
- Orders will be picked up on Saturday, May 15, from 9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. Pick-up of your pre-ordered plants must occur within your designated time window. Your pickup time window will be determined by your last name.
- Last name starting A-F - 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Last name starting G-L - 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Last name starting M-S - 11:00 a.m. to Noon
- Last name starting T-Z - Noon to 1 p.m.
- Orders will be picked up in the parking lot across the street from Burnsville City Hall - 100 Civic Center Parkway. This is the normal market location.
- Masks and proper social distancing will be required at this event.
- The event will be held rain or shine.
- All pre-ordered plants and associated payments are arranged directly with participating vendors, not the City.
Native Plant Market Vendors
Click links to visit vendor websites and place your order.
- Blazing Star Gardens
- Minnesota Native Landscapes
- Natural Shore Natives (This vendor will open for orders starting May 1)
- Prairie Restorations
Questions about the Native Plant Market? Contact Caleb Ashling via email or by phone at 952-895-4543.