Williams Drive Corridor Study (Project Number 24-100)
The City is conducting a Corridor Study along Williams Drive between Morgan Avenue South (just west of County Road 5) and the City of Savage Border. This stretch of Williams Drive is preliminarily scheduled for street improvements in 2024; the City is considering the opportunity to reconfigure the roadway to slow speeds, increase safety and provide improved pedestrian and bicycle access. The primary purposes of the Corridor Study are to collect existing traffic and speed data, recommend improvements to reduce speeds and improve safety for all travel modes, develop cost estimates for concepts, and complete robust public engagement efforts.
To obtain public input and feedback on design concepts, the City will host two in-person open houses, one virtual open house and two “pop-up” meetings at popular City events.
- May 2023 – Study Kickoff
- Early Summer 2023 – Data Collection
- Late June 2023 – Community Open House
- Summer 2023 – Develop Alternative Roadway Layouts
- August 2023 – Community Open House
- Late Summer 2023 – Analyze Alternatives
- Early Fall 2023 – Final Study Presentation
* Online interactive project map and survey coming soon.